You're running at high DPI, 125%. You'll get the same behavior if you
set High DPI on Vista I bet, so the artwork is being scaled up to
compensate. It's a Windows Installer issue, not a WiX issue.

By default it looks like the WiX dialogs have bitmap scaling enabled,
by this logic you could create an image 125% or 150% larger and then
get Windows Installer to scale it down, giving you a better image on
High DPI screens. However depending on the internal scaling methods
used, you may end up with lower-quality images at "standard" DPI.

Sascha