From: Neil Sleightholm [mailto:n...@x2systems.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 12:39 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Installing VB6 COM+ components

ErrorCode='-2146368476' (0x80110424) means the file does not exist. You
mentioned using registry keys to register it, that isn't required for
COM+. Can you post your WiX code that is failing?

I would expect to see something like this:
      <Component Id="xtimers_dll" DiskId="1"
Guid="E0E0C0B6-32DA-4522-845B-5D15BE4808AD">
        <File Id="xtimers_dll" Name="xtimers.dll" Source="xtimers.dll"
KeyPath="yes" Vital="yes" />
        <complus:ComPlusApplication Id="xtimers" Name="My COM+
Application">
          <complus:ComPlusAssembly Id="MyComPlusAssembly" Type="native"
DllPath="[#xtimers_dll]">
            <complus:ComPlusComponent Id="xtimers" CLSID="YOUR CLASS ID"
/>
          </complus:ComPlusAssembly>
          <complus:ComPlusApplicationRole Id="Role" Name="My Role" />
        </complus:ComPlusApplication>
      </Component>

Neil