Hello Fellow WiX Users,

I posted an update to my Paraffin tool which generates and update WiX fragments
for your installers. Thanks to everyone who has used it and especially to
everyone who sent feedback. See what's new and fixed here:
http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2009/06/28/paraffin3-1-new-and-improved.aspx

You might be wondering how Paraffin and Heat compare. Here's what I said in the
above link:

------------
Many people have asked about the status of Paraffin now that WiX 3.0 has a
much-improved Heat program that handles updating fragments. First off, I am
thrilled that Brian Rogers is making Heat much more capable and useful. The WiX
team as a whole has done an amazing job of making installers easier to write
for mere mortals. Anything that can wrap the interesting API known as Windows
Installer is always a good thing. With Heat now doing many of the things
Paraffin does, and way more, if you're in the planning stages of your install
you need to seriously look at the whole WiX approach to auto generating
fragments. The WiX developers are much smarter than I am and are thinking hard
about how to solve these difficult problems. Paraffin meets my needs, and may
meet yours, but definitely look at the Heat approach.

Hope you find Paraffin useful!

John
Wintellect
http://www.wintellect.com