Hi,

I suppose those references you saw being used were references to .wixlib
projects or Wix Library Projects.
Those types of projects can indeed be referenced in Wix projects and (afaik)
are mainly used for reusable wix sections.

Not sure if regular wix projects can be referenced. That would seem a bit
awkward to me, since it's output would be an msi.

Cheers,
Anton.