I newbie using wix3.0.5419.0, and I am having a problem finding the Wix
UI library.  I have read WixUIExtension.dll is in the directory where I
installed Wix, and all I need to do is run light.exe, and the library
will be found.  Some say A full path to light.exe might be required.

In my wxs, in the <product></product> tag, I have:
<Property Id="WIXUI_INSTALLDIR">INSTALLDIR</Property>
<UIRef Id="WixUI_InstallDir" />
<UIRef Id="WixUI_ErrorProgressText" />

These are the incantations:
candle.exe MyApp.wxs  MyApp.fragment.wxs    -ext  WixUtilExtension
light.exe -sval MyApp.wixobj MyApp.fragment.wixobj -ext  WixUtilExtension -o
MyApp.msi

The error:
MyApp.wxs(24) : error LGHT0094 : Unresolved reference to symbol
'WixUI:WixUI_InstallDir' in section 'Product:*'.
MyApp.wxs(25) : error LGHT0094 : Unresolved reference to symbol
'WixUI:WixUI_ErrorProgressText' in section 'Product:*'.

I tried from cygwin and cmd, with full paths to Wix directory and
without full paths, but the outcome is always the same.

It would be great if there was some environment variable I could set.

Can you see anything wrong with what I am trying to do?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic mail message and any attachment hereto
may contain confidential information of Meyer Sound Laboratories, Incorporated
and is intended for the personal and confidential use of the designated
recipient(s) only.  If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient), you have received this
message in error and any review, distribution, or copying of this message or
any attachment hereto is prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please promptly notify the sender and permanently delete it from your
computer.