As the error message states it's a Public property, thus the reference
should be " WINDOWSVOLUME"

-Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Ravikumar Gopinath [mailto:bgr...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:31 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Error using WindowsVolume predefined folder...

I need to get the system drive of the target machine during
installation. WindowsVolume appears to do that . So I am trying to use
the predefined property WindowsVolume like this:

<Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">

<Directory Id="WindowsVolume">

</Directory>

</Directory>

When I try to compile it, I get an error saying

The Directory Name: WindowsVolume is the same as one of the MSI public
properties and can cause unforeseen side effects.

If I replace WindowsVolume with ProgramFilesFolder, it compiles fine.
Why doesn't it compile with WindowsVolume property?

Is there any other way to get the System Drive on the target machine so
that I can install my files there?

Thanks

Ravi