Any idea? Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lian Jiang [mailto:lji...@microsoft.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2009 1:17 PM
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: [WiX-users] is it possible to disable user uninstall while still
enable major upgrade?

Hi,

I have an msi which support uninstallation and major upgrade. Now I want to
update it for below purposes:

(1)    Users cannot use this msi to uninstall, which means:

(1.1)          A user right clicks my application item in Add/Remove programs,
he can only see repair option, no remove option.

(1.2)          A user cannot uninstall my application by using "msiexec /x
my.msi /q".

(1.3)          A user cannot use remove button in MaintainanceType dialog to
uninstall. This button must be hidden or disabled.

(2)    Major upgrade still work, which means the msi can uninstall a previous
version and install a new version.

Is this possible?

Appreciate your hint.

Thanks