Hi,

I am trying to get WIX to deploy a SQL database script.
We are building a database project using VSTS 2008 and deploying it locally (on
build server). When VSTS deploys, it creates a databaseName.sql file. This file
contains the script to drop / create the database / permissions / views etc and
also insert data that exists in the post deploy scripts.

So, I would like to run this script with WIX, to create the database and then
drop the database on uninstall. This type of script also needs to be run in SQL
CMD mode.

What is the best way to achieve this?
I have tried various ways and have had no luck, the best / closest way I got
was to have a master sqldatabase under product and then sclscript as a
component that would create the database. But that returns a parse error.

Please let me know if you need any more info :)

Many Thanks in advance.
Lourens