Let me make sure I'm going to do this right...
(I think I'd end up with about 100 FeatureRefs at the end.)

Say, I have this: (This is the largest of the 10 "toolchain" fragments
that get made, the rest run from 2 to 300 files in size)

<Fragment Id="F_perl" ...>
  <Feature Id="Feat_perl" Level='1' Display='hidden'>
    <!-- about 900 Components, I think - hopefully I wouldn't need to
    split this one in two. I'll have to check. -->
  </Feature>
</Fragment>

And this (this would be an example of one of the 90 or so modules and
libraries that I add on top of Perl)

<Fragment Id="F_IO_Compress_Gzip" ...>
  <Feature Id="Feat_IO_Compress_Gzip" Level='1' Display='hidden'>
    <!-- about 2-60 Components each -->
  </Feature>
</Fragment>

And then in the main file, I would then have

<Feature Id='Complete' Title='Strawberry Perl 5.10.1.0 Beta 1'
Description='The complete package.' Level='1'>
  <FeatureRef Id='Feat_perl' />
  <!-- FeatureRef's and what ComponentRef's are left for non-file stuff
  (10-100?) later -->
  <FeatureRef Id='Feat_IO_Compress_Gzip' />
</Feature>

Would that be how I would do that? (I'm already creating the 100
separate .wxs files with a Fragment in each, it looks like I just need
to make most of the Fragment tags contain a Feature tag.)

--Curtis
--
Curtis Jewell
swords...@csjewell.fastmail.us

%DCL-E-MEM-BAD, bad memory
-VMS-F-PDGERS, pudding between the ears

[I use PC-Alpine, which deliberately does not display colors and pictures in
HTML mail]