I'd like to install Windows Device Metadata for our device via our
installer. The process is quite simple and described in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd835040.aspx. The basic steps
are:

1. Query the path of the device meta store by calling
SHGetKnownFolderPath with a KNOWNFOLDERID of
{5CE4A5E9E4EB479DB89F130C02886155}.

2. Create a subdirectory for the locale (e.g. EN-US) if one doesn't
exist.

3. Copy the device metadata package (a single file) into the <locale>
subdirectory within the device metadata store.

Since I don't see a Windows Installer property for this device metadata
store, I'm guessing that I will need to create a custom action to make
this call for me? Any alternate ideas and/or examples of a C++ custom
action doing something similar? I'm thinking I should leave the copy out
of the custom action so that rollbacks are handled normally by MSI.

Thanks.

Quinton Tormanen
Software Engineer
Delta Computer Systems, Inc.