Hi All,

I am working on some minor issues in a major upgrade.  :)  I was hoping
someone could tell me a little about the MigrateFeatureStates action
when you have an installer that permits multiple embedded transforms of
the product code.

My install is in wix v3.  I have a custom action which modifies the
property I use to keep track of the product codes of already installed
applications (in the Upgrade table).  My property is OLDAPPFOUND.  With
verbose logging, I can see that the OLDAPPFOUND property gets set to a
series of product codes, one for each installed instance of my
application.  However, since I want to only upgrade one specific
instance, I later set the OLDAPPFOUND property to the product code for
the specific instance I want to upgrade.  This definitely works as I
want.

However, currently, I have my custom action SetOLDAPPFOUND scheduled
after MigrateFeatureStates in the InstallExecuteSequence.  The result
seems to be that despite what features were selected for install in the
product being upgraded, the install that runs for the new product is
trying to install all the features that are default selected when the
install begins.  I suspect this is related to the schedule of my
SetOLDAPPFOUND action relative to MigrateFeatureStates.  Can anyone tell
me if my suspicions are correct.  Would changing the schedule of these
two actions relative to one another make it so it would only install the
same features for the new app as it had for the old one?

Thanks,

Amy

Amy Rosewater VanMatre

SPECTRUM Human Resource Systems Corporation

707 17th Street Suite 3800

Denver CO, 80202

303.592.3403

arosewa...@spectrumhr.com