From: Blair [mailto:os...@live.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 12:34 PM
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] packa...@installerversion

>From http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370570(VS.85).aspx (the
>link
I sent earlier)

"The Page Count Summary property contains the minimum installer version
required by the installation package. For a minimum of Windows Installer 2.0,
this property must be set to the integer 200. For a minimum of Windows
Installer 3.0, this property must be set to the integer 300. For a minimum of
Windows Installer 3.1, this property must be set to 301. For a minimum of
Windows Installer 4.5, this property must be set to 405. For a minimum of
Windows Installer 5.0, this property must be set to 500."

This one paragraph answers both of your questions, Steve.