Hi, I am using the WiX-only approach described in the wix3 chm to create patch
packages. In some cases lots of extra files (files that have not changed from
the baseline version) are being included in the patch, maybe hundreds. They are
not referenced in the patch.wxs file, and I have no idea how or why they got
there. If I view the patch in orca, I see that the PatchAdded bit has been set
on the attribute column for these files but no other differences. They seem to
come from the same component group as the changed files, though. This not only
makes the .msp file huge, but it will overwrite files from previous patches.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!