Personally I wouldn't worry too much about anything caused by VC++
redistributable merge modules. Any problem you find will be replicated
by the stand-alone redistributable installer & both were authored by the
MS Visual Studio dev's.

When I build my MSI's without the VC++ 8 merge modules included I get 0
light warnings & 0 ICE warnings. With them included I get 495 warnings
total, 18 from light with the other 477 being ICE warnings (I use WiX
v3.0.5419.0, v3.5 could have different values).

Also it seems like you're shipping the SP1 versions of the VC++
controls. You may want to look into applying the ATL Security Update
released at the end of July to your Visual Studio 2005 install. See
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/Ms09-035.mspx &
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=971090

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer