Use a bootstrapper.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gareth [mailto:gmor...@serif.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 8:52 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Multi language admin extractions

There are a few threads on how to go about creating multi language packages
that are essentially all about creating transforms and making a bootstrapper
that applies the right one.

I have stumbled across a problem when using this method in admin
extractions.

When you run my installer with the /a switch for an admin extraction, you
can also choose to apply the appropriate transform for your chosen language.

I actually have an option in my bootstrapper that offers admin extractions,
so applying a localisation transform to an admin extraction is really easy
for me.  However, the resulting MSI is not in the chosen language, and when
distributed it is in the default language and not the chosen one.  This is a
big problem when your localisation transform also translates some directory
names because they appear in the UI of the application you're installing.
So, if you apply a localisation transform when you admin extract, you also
have to apply the same transform when you distribute or your package won't
install.

Is there any way to tell your package when it has a transform applied during
the admin extraction, to re-use that transform when distributed?

Thanks for any input,
Gareth