While migrating my WIX 2.0 projects to 3.0, Borland's merge module for
the BDE no longer works:
-------------
C:\Documents and Settings\neveu.TS\My
Documents\development\demoinstaller\demoinstaller.wxs(1200) : warning
LGHT1056 : The Directory table contains a row with primary key(s)
'SystemFolder' which cannot be merged from the merge module
'BDE_PRO.msm'.  This is likely due to collision of rows with the same
primary key(s) (but other different values in other columns) between the
database and the merge module.
C:\Documents and Settings\neveu.TS\My
Documents\development\demoinstaller\demoinstaller.wxs(1200) : warning
LGHT1056 : The Directory table contains a row with primary key(s)
'TARGETDIR' which cannot be merged from the merge module 'BDE_PRO.msm'.
This is likely due to collision of rows with the same primary key(s)
(but other different values in other columns) between the database and
the merge module.
....etc.

resulting, presumably in the following errors:
---------------
C:\Documents and Settings\neveu.TS\Local
Settings\Temp\denohesw\demoinstaller.msi : error LGHT0204 : ICE03:
Table: Class Column: CLSID Missing specifications in _Validation Table
(or Old Database)
C:\Documents and Settings\neveu.TS\Local
Settings\Temp\denohesw\demoinstaller.msi : error LGHT0204 : ICE03:
Table: Class Column: Context Missing specifications in _Validation Table
(or Old Database)
C:\Documents and Settings\neveu.TS\Local
Settings\Temp\denohesw\demoinstaller.msi : error LGHT0204 : ICE03:
Table: Class Column: Component_ Missing specifications in _Validation
Table (or Old Database)
C:\Documents and Settings\neveu.TS\Local
Settings\Temp\denohesw\demoinstaller.msi : error LGHT0204 : ICE03:
Table: Class Column: ProgId_Default Missing specifications in
_Validation Table (or Old Database)
....etc.

Being that the module is circa 2001, with no apparent updates on the
Borland site, I'm at a loss for making this 3.0-compliant. I have tried
decompiling the msm. But while the wxs file can be retrieved for
tweaking, 'dark' crashes when trying to get the binaries with the -x
switch. Even if this were successful, there's no guarantee I'd be able
to get this back into a working module.

What do I do? (not using BDE is not an option)

Thanks,
Dan