I'm in the process of migrating an installer that used to be built with Wise to
an MSI built with Wix.

I'd like for the new installer to detect and automatically remove old versions
of the product if present. Is there an easy way to do this? As far as I can
tell RemoveExistingProducts and the Upgrade element won't help because they
only work if the product you want to remove was installed with Windows
Installer.

What's the best way to solve this, do I just create some sort of Custom action
that removes files and registry entries manually using say RemoveFiles? Do I
call the unwise.exe (the standard way the old version is uninstalled)?

Joakim HÃ¥rsman

Head of development, Profdoc Care
+46-8 440 93 78
http://www.profdoc.se