I want to copy files from the "[source]\Files\" directory to the root of the
target directory.

I added the following line into the main executable component.
<CopyFile Id="MyFiles" SourceName="*.*" SourceProperty="EXTRAFILESDIR"
DestinationProperty="MYINSTALLDIR" Delete ="no" />

It works, but on uninstall, it errors out with "unable to locate network
files".

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or the best way to accomplish my goal?

(note: I first tried a vb script, but ran into permission issues trying to
copy)