From: d8x...@hotmail.com [mailto:d8x...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 13 October 2009 1:27 AM
To: Wix-Users
Subject: [WiX-users] SqlString roleback options

I need to add an existing user to an existing SQL database role. I am not
creating the database or any tables. If the user is already a member of the
role my script will do nothing. My current Wix implementation works fine except
I don't appear to have rollback (remove the user from the role if I added it).

here is the psudo code for the sql script:
if not exists (...)
   add user to role
end if

What, if any, are my options for providing roll back when using SqlString? Can
I use the Sql Schema items available in Wix to determine if my script added the
user to the role and if so remove the user from the role during rollback? I
believe I can perform these actions via a C# custom action (haven't written it
yet), but wanted to see if something similar could be done with the Wix tools.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/