From: Rob Hamflett [...@snsys.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 14 October 2009 2:50 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Installer screw up

We had something like this but managed to catch it after it had gone to only
one customer.  The
installer we gave them had a condition that prevented it from being
uninstalled.  I had to install
it locally and find the cached copy.  You can either do this by searching the
Windows folder or
logging an attempt to uninstall it.  After finding the MSI I used Orca to take
out the offending
condition so it could be uninstalled.  I then had to write an app that would
contain the fixed MSI,
look for the broken one on the user's machine, query a bunch of info out of it
to be very sure I had
found the right one and replace it with the new version.  You then have to very
nicely ask the
customer to run the exe so it can fix the broken deployment.

Rob