From: Blair [mailto:os...@live.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 6:22 PM
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] help with error LGHT0204: ICE03: Invalid
formatstring

"/configuration/applicationSettings/RollCall.Properties.Settings/setting[\[]
[...@key='project'[\]]/@value"

Would become:

"/configuration/applicationSettings/RollCall.Properties.Settings/settin...@k
ey='project']/@value"

Except that the repeated "[" char is confusing the formatted syntax parser
since there are "]" chars that follow.

Remove the extraneous "[" in front of the "@key".

At that point, the XPath will look like:

"/configuration/applicationSettings/RollCall.Properties.Settings/setti...@ke
y='project']/@value"

Which means:

The "value" attribute of the "setting" element with an attribute "key" that
is set to the value "project" that is a child of
"RollCall.Properties.Settings" which itself is a child of
"applicationSettings" which itself is a child of the document element named
"configuration". Unless my XPath parsing skills have been temporarily
misguided.