As Blair says UpgradeCode is only needed for Major Upgrades. Patches
don't need one (but you probably want to add one if/when you patch the
offending product so you can use a major upgrade if you ever have to in
the future). The WiX v2.0 help has a (very short) tutorial on creating
patches at http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix2/patch_building.htm
Note: You will need a Windows SDK installed or some other way to access
MSIMSP.exe and all it's dependencies (patchwiz.dll et al) which it
neglects to mention.
I used that method a couple of years ago before I upgraded to WiX v3.0
with much success (shipped 7 successive patches of the same product,
wasn't pretty but it worked).

If you can't create an administrative install of your product(s) you can
build an "uncompressed" version of the installer by removing the Media
Element from your XML IIRC which should work for patch creation but
don't quote me on that as it has been literally years since I did
anything remotely like that.

Good Luck.

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer