1. Are you actually seeing your MSIs get generated with different GUIDs when
using the Component/@Guid="*"? If so, that'd be a bug because it is supposed
to auto-generate *stable* GUIDs. That's why it took so long to implement the
feature. <smile/>
2. If you use the "-gg" switch it generates new GUIDs every time. That was
the first implementation and it has all the problems you list.

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC