On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:18:00 +0200, Markus KARG wrote:

Markus,

> Well, frankly spoken that (really huge) tutorial is in part outdated,
> false and overly complex to understand,

Well, it had been updated to v3 just a couple of months ago, I hope it couldn't
have become that outdated since. And if you find anything downright false, I'd
be happy to hear the specifics so that I can correct it. As for the complexity,
I can't do justice: first, the subject is complex enough. Second, some
criticize it for not going deep enough into details... :-))

Lesson 9 deals with your problem specifically, this is the most minimalistic
solution MSI can offer today. You build a base installer (in most cases this
will be the English one), the language transforms (these are small files, not
repeated copies of the same MSI) and embed the transforms into the original
MSI. But yes, you will need a bootstrapper of any kind that selects the
language appropriate for the actual installation and calls Windows Installer
and the MSI with the language transform specified.

Bye,
   Gábor

DEÁK JAHN, Gábor -- Budapest, Hungary
E-mail: d...@tramontana.co.hu