Von: Jiang, Chunyan (GE Healthcare)
Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. Oktober 2009 13:05
An: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Betreff: Re: [WiX-users] Upgrade and new install

Hi Blair,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I made a mistake. Case 2 is to install version 1 to both PathA and
PathB. So case 2 is multi instance issue. But I care more about case 1
currently. To clarify the issue, I answer your questions between lines:

1- Can the user switch cases down the road??

Not understand very well.

2- Does Version 3 overwrite Version 1 in both cases? Or is there some future
PathC/PathD thing going on?

The Version 3 should be able to upgrade version 1 in PathA or version 2 in
PathB, even do a new install in PathC.

3- When Version 2 is installed, is version 1 ever removed by any means?

When version 2 is installed in PathB, it should be no related to version 1 in
PathA. So Version 1 can be removed or upgraded.

4- If a security or other flaw is discovered in Version 1, how do you intend to
address it?

I would like to adress the installation by product code, upgrade code, and the
path information. Althought version 1 installed in PathA, and Version 2
installed in PathB, they are independent actually.

I don't know if it is possible to realize this.

Best regards,

Chunyan