We use Wix 3.0. The problem is, some Spanish characters don't show correctly.
"instalación" shows as "instalaci?n".

Some background:
================
Our product requirement asks us to support "multiple language MSI" which isn't
supported officially by MSI. Someone posted some
trick(http://jpassing.wordpress.com/2007/06/14/authoring-multi-language-msi-packages/
 ) about how to get it work. I'd been through the whole way, figured out the
MST, transform, stuff the language in MSI etc. Anyways, I got it work finally.
We have a bootstrapper. The bootstrapper will show a drop-down list of
languages. The end user will select the language she prefers. And then the
bootstrapper will tell MSI which language it should use. The whole thing works
fine until yesterday.
As you know, there is no enough language files in Wix 3.0. So I get most of the
language files from Wix 2.0.

The problem:
============
Some strings don't display correctly in Spanish, Portuguese and Italian.

For example: the string "WelcomeDlgTitle". The en-US one is like this "<String
Id="WelcomeDlgTitle">{\WixUI_Font_Bigger}Welcome to the [ProductName] Setup
Wizard</String>".
The Spanish one is "<String Id="WelcomeDlgTitle">{\WixUI_Font_Bigger}Asistente
para la instalación de [ProductName]</String>"

But when we run installer, we see "Asistente para la instalaci?n de MyApp".

See the character "ó" shows as "?n"? Since this is the first page of the
installer, so our team think this is a P1 bug.

Is this because I'm using the Wix 2.0 language file in Wix 3.0? But I don't
really have Wix 3.0 language files.

By the way, we have another product which uses Wix 2.0. And that product uses
the same language trick I'm using. But it doesn't have this problem. It shows
"Asistente para la instalación de [ProductName]" correctly.

I'm looking forward your kindly response.

Thanks.
/Brian

http://www.flickr.com/gift/