From: Dominique Louis [mailto:dominique.lo...@amxeurope.com]
Sent: 02 November 2009 10:18
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] ListView Icon inconsistency...

Hi all,
  I'm using populating a ListView so I can display a prerequisite screen
at the very beginning of the installation.

I'm using the following code to embed the relevant bitmaps...
  <Binary Id="WiXTickIcon" SourceFile="..\Common\graphics\tick.bmp" />
  <Binary Id="WiXCrossIcon" SourceFile="..\Common\graphics\cross.bmp" />

The referencing WiXTickIcon/WiXCrossIcon when populating the ListView.

My question are...
1. What is the restriction on the type and size of bitmap that the
ListView Control accepts. The reason I ask is that only certain bitmaps
seem to work, while other bitmaps of the same size and bit depth, don't
show up. I've looked through the help file and MSDN but could not find
anything relevant.
2. Is it possible to display scroll bars on the ListView control as
currently the text being displayed is being cut off and there does not
seem to be a way to show it?

Thanks,

DOMINIQUE LOUIS | IS DEVELOPER, AMX DIGITAL MEDIA GROUP
AMX UK| 6TH FLOOR SALISBURY HOUSE,| LONDON WALL | LONDON | EC2M 5QQ
AMX

AMX UK
Auster Road
Clifton Moor
York, North Yorkshire
United Kingdom
YO30 4GD

+44 (0) 1904 343100     office
+44 (0) 1904 343101     fax

AMX South
6th Floor Salisbury House
London Wall
London
United Kingdom
EC2M 5QQ

+44 (0) 2076 529450     office
+44 (0) 8701 991661     fax

AMX Belgium
Boerenkrijglaan, 96a
B-2260
Westerlo
Belgium

+ 32 (0) 1454 2763      office
+ 32 (0) 1454 2766      fax

Attention:
This e-mail message is privileged and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient please delete the message and notify the sender.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author.

This email was scanned and cleared by NetIQ MailMarshal.