Thanks Blair.

I tried it by using your code example. It works!

But I found a problem, after uninstallation, this registry entry is still in
the registry. Even if I use "createAndRemoveOnUninstall", it's still there. I
checked the uninstall log, it doesn't say if the delete key operation is okay
or not:
MSI (s) (D0:C0) [17:25:45:891]: Executing op: RegRemoveValue(Name=MyApp
3.0,Value="[INSTALLLOCATION]MyApp30.exe"[RunWhenWindowsStartsArgument],)
MSI (s) (D0:C0) [17:25:45:891]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run 3: 2
MSI (s) (D0:C0) [17:25:45:891]: Executing op: RegRemoveKey()

What can I do to make sure this registry entry is deleted upon uninstalling?

Also, you mentioned "You may need to preserve RUNWHENWINDOWSSTART and restore
it during repairs
and/or small updates/minor upgrades so that the value doesn't change during
a repair." - we use major upgrade, does it matter for us? If so, what is the
use case or test scenario to verify our install is fine with this restraint?

Thanks.