From: Sharat Janapareddy [mailto:sharat.janapare...@microsoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 5:34 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Cc: Jude Nwoko; Anandha Ganesan; Marc; Reyhner; Murugesan Vivekananthan; Clive
Eastwood
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Duplicated primary key in _SummaryInformation table of
the transform
 Blair, all files we patch are part of merge modules. There are no files
outside of a merge module at all. I guess that rules out the WIXPDB approach.
Anyway, wixpdb files are introduced in WIX3, isn't it? In that case, we do not
have any original wixpdb files since we used WIX 2 to generate the MSIs.
Is there any other alternative for admin installations? This process does not
allow me to explode the MSI and patch it because of file sequencing issues from
the SP1 MSP.
Thanks,
Sharat Janapareddy
~ 40269