I need to uninstall an application (that was installed via its own installer
package) if it is detected during the major upgrade of another application.

E.g.
Application1 Ver 1.1 is installed on a machine and is about to have a major
upgrade performed on it to bring it to Ver 2.0.
Application 2 may or may not be installed on this machine and may be at any
version but I need to uninstall it if detected.
I am not sure of the Package or Product code of Application 2 but I want to
uninstall it regardless of the version.
I control both Application 1 and 2 installers so I could write a value to the
registry if that would help in uninstalling but I wasn't sure if how to chain
the uninstall of the product since I don't believe I can kick off an uninstall
in a CA while another installer is running. The uninstall may happen before or
after the major upgrade.

Your help is appreciated.

Tom