Hi, I've created a patch from 2 MSI files (unfortunately I don't have
the original wix object files so have to use MSIs) using the following,
which all seemed to go fine:

msiexec /a orig\Installer.msi TARGETDIR=c:\src\patch\orig\admin
msiexec /a new\Installer.msi TARGETDIR=c:\src\patch\new\admin
torch -p -ax diff -xo orig\admin\Installer.msi new\admin\Installer.msi
-out diff.wixout
candle.exe Patch.wxs
light.exe Patch.wixobj -out Patch.WixMsp
pyro patch.wixmsp -out Patch.msp -t IE8 diff.wixout

using the following for the patch.wxs file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";>
    <Patch
        AllowRemoval="yes"
        Manufacturer="Kickstone Technologies Ltd"
        MoreInfoURL="http://www.pricegoblin.co.uk/";
        DisplayName="IE8 Patch"
        Description="IE8 Patch"
        Classification="Update"

        <Media Id="5000" Cabinet="IE8.cab">
            <PatchBaseline Id="IE8"/>
        </Media>
        <PatchFamily Id='SamplePatchFamily' Version='1.0.0' Supersede='yes'>
        </PatchFamily>
    </Patch>
</Wix>

The patch seems to have been created fine and seems to run fine except
for one problem.

One of the components changed in the patch has a number of registry
entries which are also changed (it is a COM object).
The patch successfully installs the new registry values, but doesn't
remove the old ones. If i uninstall the product after applying the
patch, the new registry values are removed as expected, but the original
ones are left behind. This seems to indicate the patch partially
replaced the "mappings" for the registry values in the installation.

Have I missed an option or otherwise doing something else wrong, or is
this unexpected behaviour indicitive of a bug

Thanks for your help.

John