InstallUtil truely is evil and the WiX way of doing things should work just
fine.  I've installed dozens on .NET services this way.

The error message about no endpoints makes me wonder if your app.config is
getting installed.   I'd do some profiling of the app to see whats going on.

Christopher Painter, Author of Deployment Engineering Blog
Have a hot tip, know a secret or read a really good thread that deserves
attention? E-Mail Me