From: Giora keinan [mailto:grkei...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 8:45 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] multiple entries in add remove programs.

Hello All

I thought I found a solution that works.

1. I used the original GUIDs of the Product, and of the components I
wanted to upgrade. (replaced the '*' with the GUIDs of the original setup).
2. use the same feature name as in the original setup.
3. Run the following command "msiexec /i  xxxx.msi REINSTALL=FeatureName
REINSTALLMODE=vomus"

The upgrade works and there is only one entry in the Add Remove Programs.

The problem is that Uninstall removes only the components I upgrade
instead of removing all the original installation. The size of the
installation in the add remove programs is the original setup size not
the upgrade size.

Giora