I'm writing an install that will create a sql database.   I've got my server
set to Windows and Sql Authenication mode.

When I run the install and ask for a user with permission to install the
database, I've got two scenarios:

1) Using a windows network based user.  This user is a sql user (inside the sql
server management studio) as well.
I type in MYDOMAIN\myusername (generically speaking) as a user and then type in
the password.

The install can not create my database.  It throws an error.

2) When I use a sql based user, that is a user present inside the sql server
management studio but this user is not a registered windows network user,  the
database creation works.

If both users have the same sql rights, why would a network based user be
unable to create the database where the purely
Sql user can.   I've also tried using   myusername (vs.  MYDOMAIN\myusername)
and I get the same results.

Rob Hermann
Senior Software Developer
Niceware International, LLC
10437 Innovation Drive
Suite 147
Milwaukee, WI  53226
Tel: 414-476-6423 x110
Fax: 414-476-7955
Email: rob.herm...@nicewareintl.com
http://www.nicewareintl.com
http://healthcare.nicewareintl.com

December 4th - 10:30AM CST - 11:30AM CST - Benefits of Upgrading from NiceLabel
v3  to NiceLabel v5 - Register Today!
December 11th - 10:30AM CST - 11:30AM CST - A Complete Introduction to
LabelClinic CT - Register Today!
December 18th - 10:30AM CST - 11:30AM CST - A Complete Introduction to
NiceLabel SDK and WebSDK  - Register Today!

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be
subject to legal professional privilege. It is intended solely for the
attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient or person responsible for delivering this information to the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately. Unless you are the intended
recipient or his/her representative you are not authorized to, and must not,
read, copy, distribute, use or retain this message or any part of it