Hi All,

I have an install (v 3.0.5419.0) which performs a major upgrade, and
completely uninstalls the previous version before installing the newer
one, when a previous version is detected.  We support multiple side by
side instances of our application, and as such, target a specific
instance for upgrade by setting the property from the upgrade table to
the appropriate product code based on the instance the user selected
from a custom bootstrapper.  All of this has been working correctly
until yesterday.

I now have an issue where when I execute my install and choose to
upgrade a specific instance it is failing to do so.  My bootstrapper is
passing in all the same values in the command line to Windows Installer
that it was before, but FindRelatedProducts is not executing for some
reason.  From the verbose log:

MSI (c) (DC:98) [09:10:52:732]: Doing action: FindRelatedProducts

Action 9:10:52: FindRelatedProducts. Searching for related applications

Action start 9:10:52: FindRelatedProducts.

MSI (c) (DC:98) [09:10:52:733]: Skipping FindRelatedProducts action: not
run in maintenance mode

Action ended 9:10:52: FindRelatedProducts. Return value 0.

So basically, the FindRelatedProducts action is not being executed, and
obviously the RemoveExistingProducts action will also not be executed.
What does it mean "not run in maintenance mode", and how do I make it
work correctly so that it will run FindRelatedProducts action as I want?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Amy

Amy Rosewater VanMatre

SPECTRUM Human Resource Systems Corporation

707 17th Street Suite 3800

Denver CO, 80202

303.592.3403

arosewa...@spectrumhr.com