Hello WiX community,

I have a simple question, just to make sure.
When creating a patch, should I always change Patch/Media/@Id attribute
between patches?

For instance, I have Patch1.wxs, which is to be applied to RTM
(baseline), and Patch2.wxs, which is to be applied to RTM+Patch1. In
Patch1.wxs I have <Media Id="5000" ... />, and in Patch2.wxs I also have
<Media Id="5000" ... />. It seems to work fine, but is it absolutely
correct?

The tutorial says this Id should be "larger than any Media/@Id found in
the installation packages". By installation packages the base MSI is
meant here, right?

I made a conclusion that if Media/@Id in all my MSI packages of this
product never reach 5000, than it is safe to put Patch/Media/@Id="5000"
in every single patch of this product.