You'll have to do some pretty major MSBuild/TeamBuild hacks to perform the
database deployment before the wix solution is built. Are you using VSTS DB
project files to maintain your database schema? Are you using it's deployment
feature to generate the *.sql? If so, are you deploying the database onto a
clean environment? If yes, have you considered generating the *.sql file only
(without deployment)? In that case, you might be able to perform the generation
as a AfterBuild step in the *.dbproj project itself. If you need to compare
against a live database, then I suggest you package up the XML schema and
accompanying files in the wix package itself and use vsdbcmd.exe to generate
and deploy at install-time or right after installation. There's no built-in
help to do any of these things though...

Another solution might be to split up the build process (that's got its own
problems... like where to do you get the build output?)...

Edwin G. Castro
Software Developer - Staff
Electronic Banking Services
Fiserv
Office: 503-746-0643
Fax: 503-617-0291
www.fiserv.com
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail