The link points to ICE testing. I assume the author is looking for some
testing method that includes the actual installation/repair/remove actions.

I currently use a couple of VMs to test created MSI. To check if the
components get installed correctly I normally have a test program. E.g. if
you want to test that a custom action works, I have an additional program
that tests if the output the custom action creates works.

Still a lot of manual steps though...

Best regards,
Sebastian Brand
sebast...@instyler.com