Thank you very much for your reply. I am sorry to bother you but it is
not quite obvious to me how to alter installer's behaviors. My code
does check for upgrade and set certain property if it is upgrade but I
just do not know how to pass this value to actions/UIs.

For instance, I have a code that removes files at uninstall.

<RemoveFile Id='TopFiles' Name='*' On='uninstall'/>

But I am not sure how I can alter the behavior so it does not remove
files during upgrade.

Another question is that I want to skip some UIs if it is upgrade but
it's not again clear to me how I can pass upgrade information.
I know this sounds quite trivial but I could not find answers on the
web. I will really appreciate it if you could show me some examples on
these. Thank you very much.

YEH