At which point in the patching process are custom actions that are executing
the updated ones?

I have custom actions that execute before and after PatchFiles action.

Custom action executing before PatchFiles finds MSI DB already transformed.
Based on that I would expect that table containing custom action dll binaries
is also already updated and that custom action that is currently executing is
the updated one. Since testing it is a bit too laborious in my case, I hope
some expert can answer this question. Thanks in advance.

TradeStation Group, Inc. is a publicly-traded holding company (NASDAQ GS: TRAD)
of three operating subsidiaries, TradeStation Securities, Inc. (Member NYSE,
FINRA, SIPC and NFA), TradeStation Technologies, Inc., a trading software and
subscription company, and TradeStation Europe Limited, a United Kingdom,
FSA-authorized introducing brokerage firm. None of these companies provides
trading or investment advice, recommendations or endorsements of any kind. The
information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.