From: little.forest <little.for...@ymail.com>
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Fri, January 15, 2010 3:48:07 PM
Subject: Install on Windows 7: minimize the installation wizard, then only see
a slice of the install page when finished

Here is the problem(our QA found it):

In Windows 7, install the build. When the installation starts, minimize the
installation wizard. When the installation finished, the install wizard shows
on the top-left of the screen. We can only see a slice of the install
wizard(the close button "X" shows on the top-left). I have to hit the button
"Alt" to call the system menu and hit "Move" to move the screen to the center
of the screen to see the whole install page. Why is that?

I also tried the Wix installer itself in Windows 7. It's the same thing.

By the way, in XP, it works fine. I mean, I minimized it, after finished, the
install page popup and shows in the center of the screen.

I suspect this is the problem from MSI. But I'm not sure. Let me know if you
know the reason and how to fix it. It might not be that a big deal, but I'd
like to know.

Thanks.
Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8.
Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free!

Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8.
Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free! at
http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/