From: Amruta Muley (Cognizant Technology Solutions)
[mailto:v-amm...@microsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 9:06 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] WIX and IIS 7.5: query

Hi,

 I am using WiX for production deployment of a few of our projects concerned
with Microsoft Learning.

I had a couple of questions for regarding WiX.

1.       Can WiX 3.5 which is in Beta be used for production deployment?
Currently I am working with WiX 3.0 and facing some issues like:

                  a.       Certificate not getting attached to the https
website. I am able to install the cert.But unable to attach cert to website
using <CertRef>. I am using IIS 7.5.

                  b.      If I have a Default Website running on port 80,
any other website I create on port 80 overwrites the DefaultWebSite even if
it is stopped. This is not the behavior when we do this manually. Is there a
workaround for this?

2.       Does  WiX 3.0 support all properties for IIS 7.5? There is a
property called ManagedPipeline (Classic/Integrated) in IIS 7.5 and I could
not find a parallel for the same in WiX 3.0

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Amruta

Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the
business
http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com