Hi,

I am using Pyro.exe to make a patch. When I change the Name and Source
attributes of a file (KeyPath='yes'), Pyro threw error "Patches cannot change
the keypath of a component." This behavior is confirmed by
http://blogs.msdn.com/pmarcu/archive/2007/06/28/sample-patch.aspx:

"The first error you got was accurate. You cannot change the keypath file of a
component using a patch. This means you cannot delete the file either because
the presence of the file is what dictates whether the component is installed.
If you want to remove a keypath file, you need to remove the entire component
which means you need to remove the entire feature that contains it. Its better
just to leave the file there." - Petermarcu<http://blogs.msdn.com/pmarcu>

Since the component consists by only that file, I tried to remove this
component to see whether Pyro works. Unfortunately, it complains "Removing
component is not supported". I think this is also expected according to above
quote.

So the only ways left are:
Solution 1: add a new file while keep the old file.
Solution 2: add a new file and remove the old file using a custom action.

What are your experience of renaming a file using a pyro patch? Any better way?

Thanks
Lian