From: Baris Taze [mailto:bt...@microsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 5:55 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] A real challenge: how to launch the app in elevated
mode after finishing its setup ?

Hi,

I am having trouble to implement a WIX project which requires the installed
application to be launched just after its installation. I have read many
articles and couldn't find a way to do it. The articles says that I need to
flag my custom action as

                Execute="deferred"  Impersonate="no"

to make it get elevated. On the other hand, the articles says that

"deferred" actions must be before 'InstallFinalize' and after
'InstallInitialize'.

That means, I cannot define a "deferred" custom action to be run after the
regular 'finish screen'.

I am pretty sure that there are many people in the world that needs
something like that. But I really don't know how to come up with a solution
for this. Could you please let me know if you know a solution. A simple code
example would be great if you have any. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
-Baris

Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the
business
http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com