Hello,

I'm run into a situation where the installer generated from WIX doesn't add
itself to the add/remove programs file.  Here is the case when this happens.
The OS is Windows 2008.

When I install the msi as myself, I'm prompted for admin account (since I'm a
non-privileged user on the system), I enter the admin account details, install
it, everything is good.  Going to the control panel add/remove programs,
library is there.  I uninstall, everything is good.

When I open a command window, run as administrator, I'm prompted for admin
account, perform the install, then go to the control panel add/remove programs,
there is no entry.  I have to track down the installer from the registry
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-21-...\Products\KEY\
 to find the appropriate MSI installer form C:\Windows\Installer.

Is this a bug or behavior by design?  I would suspect that in all cases it
should be in the add/removes table since the installing user is indeed an admin
(same user in both cases).

Gary