If the RegistrySearch/@Win64 attribute is not set to "yes" will always look
in the "32-bit" registry, which means that the "Wow6432Node" part of the
path is inserted for you automatically.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dane Anderson (Acro Service Corp) [mailto:a-daa...@microsoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 2:12 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Verifying existance of a file using multiple properties

I need to set up a launch condition that prohibits install if a particular
file is NOT installed on the machine. What I have tried
(that did not work) was:

    <Property Id="PATH32" >
        <RegistrySearch Id="Path32" Root="HKLM" Key="<actual key covered by
NDA>" Name="Path" Type="raw" />
    </Property>

    <Property Id="PATH64" >
        <RegistrySearch Id="Path64" Root="HKLM" Key="<actual key covered by
NDA>" Name="Path" Type="raw" />
    </Property>

    <Property Id="ADDIN" >
      <DirectorySearch Id="AddinDir" Path="[PATH32]" >
          <FileSearch Id="AddInFileSearch" Name="<actual file name covered
by NDA>" />
      </DirectorySearch>
      <DirectorySearch Id="AddinDir" Path="[PATH64]" >
          <FileSearch Id="AddInFileSearch" Name="<actual file name covered
by NDA>" />
      </DirectorySearch>
    </Property>
    <Condition Message="<message not relevant to the problem>"
><![CDATA[Installed OR ADDIN]]></Condition>

The reason for TWO directory/file search nodes is, the one installer package
must support installing on both 32 and
64 bit machines, and the registry key differs on the two platforms.
On a 32 bit machine it is

HKLM/SOFTWARE/<value covered by NDA>

and on a 64 bit machine it is

HKLM/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/<value covered by NDA>

 (The two <value covered by NDA> are the same).
According to the Wix Docs, the Directory/File search nodes that do NOT find
the file should not pass a value
to the parent, giving me just the one that DID find the file.

Since my own test machine is a 64 bit machine, I commented out the 32 bit
directory search, and it STILL is not working.

Any suggestions on how I can make this work?

Dane Anderson
ACRO Service Corp.