App.exe is present there in INSTALLOCACTION. Thanks got it working

-----Original Message-----
From: ricky sundrani [mailto:rickysundr...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 1:07 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Creating desktop and start menu shortcuts

1)For the startmenu shortcut you need to list ProgramMenuDir into the
RemoveFolder table.

see the link:
http://robmensching.com/blog/posts/2007/4/27/How-to-create-an-uninstall-
shortcut-and-pass-all-the
2) The purpose of creating a registry entry under HKCU is to use it as a
keypath to keep ICE happy, but you have not set the keypath=Yes for both
the
registryValue elements.

The code for shoortcut seems to be correct,depending on the directory
hierarchy you are using.
Target="[INSTALLOCATION]App.exe">
Is the App.exe present in the INSTALLLOCATION or some nested folder.?

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Alex Wernecke
<awerne...@finteq.co.za>wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm having some trouble successdully creating shortcuts on the desktop
> and in the start menu.  Here is my code :
>

> <!--desktop shortcut-->
>
> <Component Id="DesktopShortcut"
> Guid="D92F6731-4EB0-4707-A71A-BB02DEA46689">
>
>   <CreateFolder/>
>
>   <RegistryKey Root="HKCU" Key="Software\Company\Application\Install"
> Action="createAndRemoveOnUninstall">
>
>     <RegistryValue Name="App" Value="1" Type="integer"/>
>
>   </RegistryKey>
>
>   <Shortcut Id="DesktopShortcut" Directory="DesktopFolder"
> Name="App.ico" WorkingDirectory="INSTALLOCATION" Icon="App.ico"
> Target="[INSTALLOCATION]App.exe">
>
>      <Icon Id="App.ico" SourceFile="Files\App.ico"/>
>
>   </Shortcut>
>
> </Component>
>

> <!--startmenu shortcut-->
>
> <Component Id="ProgramFilesShortcut"
> Guid="0FA5BEEC-C72D-44c7-9E27-44C16A26F025">
>
>    <CreateFolder/>
>
>    <RegistryKey Root="HKCU" Key="Software\Company\Application\Install"
> Action="createAndRemoveOnUninstall">
>
>       <RegistryValue Name="app1" Value="1" Type="integer"/>
>
>    </RegistryKey>
>
>    <Shortcut Id="ProgramFilesShortcut" Directory="ProgramMenuDir"
> Name="App.ico" WorkingDirectory="INSTALLOCATION" Icon="App.ico"
> Target="[INSTALLOCATION]App.exe">
>
>       <Icon Id="App.ico" SourceFile="Files\App.ico"/>
>
>    </Shortcut>
>
> </Component>
>

> The desktop shortcut appears but the target is wrong. The start menu
> shortcut just doesn't seem to work.
>

> Many thanks,
>

> Alex

Best Regards.