I've seen people pushing MSI building packages which have buttons on UI
pages to launch stuff like .NET Framework installers, XNA etc. during
the InstallUISequence to bypass this issue. Personally I'd never do this
as when a sys admin pushes your package out across their domain your app
could install completely fine without those pre-requisites in place but
then when their users try to use your app at best it'll fail to run due
to missing dependencies (at worst it launches but works in a flawed
manner). I'd rather we not have to deal with the support queries which
would ensue from that type of situation.

Lisa I'd recommend using something like dotnetinstaller to install your
pre-req's before your MSI. It appears to fit your requirements from what
you've posted earlier but other bootstrapper packages with similar
feature sets may be available (or you could roll your own). See
http://dotnetinstaller.codeplex.com/

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer