Ok, thanks for the links.  I'm going to be working through them, but at
first glance, I can tell I still need a hint.

I can't tell if you're suggesting that if I understood Component Rules, I'd
know that what I'm looking to do violates those rules.  Is that what you're
saying?

More generally, is what I want to do possible?  If you could just outline
it, I'll know what to look for when I'm reading and researching.

Thanks