I am a bit new to WiX and I am working on a client installation program.

So I want to install .Net 3.5 SP1 using a boot strap, and this is what I
have in the .wixproj file

  <ItemGroup>

    <BootstrapperFile Include="Microsoft.Net.Framework.3.5.SP1">

      <ProductName>.NET Framework 3.5 SP1</ProductName>

    </BootstrapperFile>

    <BootstrapperFile Include="Microsoft.Windows.Installer.3.1">

      <ProductName>Windows Installer 3.1</ProductName>

</BootstrapperFile>

</ItemGroup>

<Target Name="AfterBuild">

    <GenerateBootstrapper ApplicationFile="$(TargetFileName)"
ApplicationName="Solarsoft mVP Client Prerequisites"
BootstrapperItems="@(BootstrapperFile)" ComponentsLocation="Relative"
CopyComponents="true" OutputPath="$(OutputPath)"
Path="$(ProjectDir)..\..\Bootstrapper\" />

  </Target>

Now, do I have to define "ProjectDir" anywhere in my .wixproj ?

Thanks,

Karen

Karen Lin

Software Developer